RowCruiser Cabin Dimensions

• Hi there,

RowCruiser looks like a really great boat.  I'm tall (6'5") and I'm wondering if I'd be able to sleep comfortably in the cabin.  What is the length of the cabin?

Thanks,

Alan

• Hello Alan,

For our plans version of the RowCruiser, the cabin is 6' 2".  It can, however, be stretched very easily by simply moving the forward bulkhead a few inches forward (a slight bit of material needs to be shaved off.  For our digital version of the RowCruiser (for CNC cutting) we have tweaked the design slightly and moved the bulkhead forward so it is now 6' 6" in length.

• @Colin Angus That's great news thanks Colin.  I just realized I didn't use the correct naming.  I'm actually asking about the Sailing RowCruiser.  Would there be any difference in performing the same bulkhead modification on the sailing version?

• Yeah, the regular RowCruiser and the sailing RowCruiser are exactly the same with regards to the basic central hull.  The one difference is you have the mast mount against the forward bulkhead which takes up a small bit of room.  What some have done is placed this mount on the other side of the bulkhead to maximize space in the main compartment.  This is pretty easy to do, and just requires moving the forward hatch forward a bit.

• @Colin Angus Good to know, thanks again.  I see that there is no kit for the Sailing RowCruiser on the website.  Will one be available at some point in the future?

• We were selling kits through Small Craft Advisor, but they've shifted gears, so we're in a bit of a transition period with RowCruiser kits.  A good alternative is to get the DXF plans and have a local cnc shop cut the pieces out for you.

• I was also looking for the kit version of the rowcruiser and was wondering why Small Craft Advisor was showing "There are no available products under this category." Now I know why. I would also be interested in knowing when/if you find a new partner to make your kits. I love the design of the sailing rowcruiser.

• The kits are now being sold through Duckworks. It's still cut by Turnpoint Design in Port Townsend, so everything is pretty much exactly the same as it was when it was being sold through SCA.  The kit includes all the CNC-cut plywood pieces, and then there are additional epoxy and fiberglass packages to go with it.  More information can be found here: https://duckworks.com/boat-plans-kits/kits-and-packages/angus-row-cruiser/  Scott Jones who manages Duckworks is also really helpful to chat with if you need any more information.