Transporting / Launching Rowcruiser on Sand

• Hi All,

I am looking any tips on how to move their rowcruiser across soft sand, and up an incline. Does anyone have a particular beach dolly that works ? Particularly looking for advice so one person can launch on the beach, when the boat ramp doesn't extend far enough, or no boat ramp at all.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

• Soft sand can be a challenge.  Overall, if the sand is wet and firm, most wheels will be okay. In the fluffier stuff wider wheels will help.  What I've found is pulling the boat rather than pushing makes a big difference, and have, so far, not had any major problems in sand (it's the rocks and boulders that really get you).  I have seen boat dollies available with ballloon style tires, which I imagine would make a big difference in fluffy sand.  Here's one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Action-Universal-Carrier-Transport/dp/B07V5G8SZN/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?crid=4NUR38Y8QD0W&keywords=boat%2Bdolly%2Bballoon%2Bwheels&qid=1691594788&sprefix=boat%2Bdolly%2Bballoon%2Bwheels%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-12-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

• I ended up buying two inflatable beach rollers. Oh, my word, they are fantastic. Just roll the boat up the beach - easy !