type of fiberglass cloth.

• Hi, 

I am building a expedition rowboat. I have ordered and received the CNC cut plywood and am now sourcing the rest of the products to finish the boat. 

I am building the boat in Norway.

the manual says: 14 yards of 50”-wide glass cloth (6 oz density). 6 oz densitiy is 170grams i can only find 200 grams around here which i think is fine. But there are two options, double weave or single weave. Which one should i choose?

also what should the minimum length be to cover the boat in 1 go? (I can buy 5 or 10 meters rolls) 

I can also only find cloth with a width of 1 meters in stead of the 127 in the manual. is 1 meter enough the cover the whole boat?

thank you,

Tyge De boer

• 200 grams should work fine for your boat.  I would go for the single weave.  That is what we have always used with good results.  I believe it's about 5.5 meters required to cover the length of the boat.  I don't believe one meter width will fully cover the hull, however, it is possible to ovelap additional glass to make up the extra.  You can overlap the two pieces by about 1", and this overlap can later be sanded and faired to blend in.