Rowcruiser: Space between floatation chambers

• How hard is the 11 3/4" gap between floatation chambers for the rowcruiser?  I'm currently at 11 9/16.  Expecting the rowing seat and rigger kit to come next week.

Thanks,

Keith

• Hello Keith.  I think you should be okay at 11 9/16", but I can't say for sure right now.  I'm just at my off grid cabin, so don't have the opportunity to check at the moment, but I will on Thurs when I'm back in the shop.  Being a little wide is usually fine (you can increase the width of the track supports if needed), but being narrow has a hard limit.  If I recall correctly, there is a little bit of wiggle room there.

• I just measured it, and it is just a smidge under 11 3/4" between the rails.  The end caps protrude slightly further out, so you'll be able trim a tiny bit off by sanding off some extraneous plastic.   You can also sand/remove a small bit of wood on the side panels at the location of the tracks.    By doing that, I think you'll be able to squeeze them in.  Overall, it's just 3/32" that needs to come off each side.

• Thanks Colin!  I ended up doing some disassembly and trimming plus some planing and sanding.  Finally got the seat to glide back and forth without resistance.  glueing up the supports now and hoping that the spacing will still work after!  Not looking forward to all the sanding in my near future...halfway rowcruiser

• I'm glad it all worked out.  There's nothing like the magic of sanding and planing to bring things to shape in the boating world.  I like your oars.  Have you had a chance to try it in the water yet?