I am considering adding tie down points to all of the bulkheads / frames on my Wherry build. I have the bulkhead parts cut out but not assembled. It makes sense to add the tie downs before assembly as they will require finnicky reinforcement. Also, it seems that the notches to accomodate a sliding seat are not in the original plans and they'd be finnicky to cut once the bulkhead is installed. My questions to the group:
1) Can or should i cut the notches in bulkhead #3 now or wait until the sliding seat box is done? Now would be easier but later might be more precise.
2) Can I build the bulkheads stiffer than stock? Or will that negatively affect rowing action or durability of the rest of the boat? I feel I have to make up for the loss of stiffness and strength of the bulkhead when putting tie down holes close to the bottom of the bulkhead. I am considering "adding" some holes to make up for the weight of reinforcements.
Thoughts?
David