Where to Purchase Okoume Plywood

• Due to shipping constraints, it is expensive to order Okoume Plywood online.  I will be querying customers across North America, and around the world to compile a list of locations where Okoume Plywood can be found.  Please feel free to contribute any information on where would can be found in your own local community, along with any other relevant information.

• Washington State: Edensaw Wood with locations in Port Townsend and Tacoma retails all sorts of quality lumber including European Okoume wood.  Their addressesses are:

211 Seton Rd, Port Townsend, WA 98368, United States

• Victoria BC:  West Wind Hardwoods .  Westwind sells a large variety of exotic and domestic woods, and they also sell Jouberts Okoume Plywood.

West Wind Hardwoods

10189 McDonald Park Rd #5, Sidney, BC V8L 5X5

• Alberta, Canada.  I was able to find high quality Okoume plywood for my RowCruiser at Boat Craft in Edmonton.  Their address is:

Boat Craft

4926 99St NW

Edmonton, AB, T6E 3N6

Tel: 780-437-4919

• In the Southeast US, I've ordered from World Panel Products.  They have locations in Florida and NC and will ship.  I just checked their site and it appears they have BS 1088 Occume, Sapele and Meranti in stock.  https://www.worldpanel.com/marine-plywoods

• In Wellington New Zealand...I purchased all my Okume plywood, Red Cedar, Mahogany, and Ash from these guys...great personal service and competitively priced also.  Although being down this end of the world, shipping costs add significantly to the costs.

City Timber

Unit 2
    210 Thorndon Quay
    Thorndon
    Wellington 6011
    New Zealand

Give us a call.
    (04) 473 7987

Flick us an email.
    citytimber@xtra.co.nz

• I purchased plywood from the business below. In New Zealand. 

Plytech

26 Business parade north, highbrook,

Auckland. 09 5735035

• Noah's in Canada has the most reasonable prices that I've seen as of late.  For 4 ml European BS1088 it's $69 a sheet with volume discounts that go down  significantly from there.  They also deliver throughout the US for a very reasonable price.  Their online shipping rates are $129 in the Eastern US (up to 200 lbs, which is about 8 sheets of 4 ml), and 170 for the Western US. http://www.noahsmarine.com/oko1088_okoume-1088-plywood_group.html

• Thanks for all the posts.  And Theo, thanks for posting the Noah's rates.  I was going to look into that.  The beauty of Noah's is you can get it shipped to your door, which means everything you need to build a boat can be purchased with a few clicks online (the  plywood is always the hard part).  Traditionally, it could be hard finding okoume plywood if you lived in an area without much boat building.

• For you Mid-Atlantic Builders and where I purchased my plywood to build my Cambridge Rowing Shell.

CLC  - Chesapeake Light Craft

Mon-Fri: 9-5 EST

1805 George Avenue
    Annapolis, MD 21401

www.clcboats.com

• California Forest Plywood, with two locations in California sells Jouberts Okoume plywood. 

14711 Artesia Blvd.
    La Mirada, CA 90638

P: (714) 523-1721

and 

3131 Hoover Avenue
    National City, CA 91950
    P: (619) 336-6090

And in the Sanfrancisco area Macbeath Hardwoods based out of Berkley sells Okoume

930 Ashby AvenueBerkeleyCA 94710

• In the San Francisco bay area, for my last build, I purchased Joubert BS1088 okoume as well as some meranti from:

Moore Newton Hardwoods

2115 Williams Street, San Leandro, California 94577, United States

phone: 510-317-6500

• Australia: I live near Sydney and Bruynzeel is a great source for quality marine ply.  Okoume BS1088 4 mm, as of Oct, 2022, is $130 (Ozzie Dollars) a sheet.

Bruynzeel Plywoods - Timber & Panel Products

Located at Unit 1-7, Clearview Place
    Brookvale , NSW 2100

Tel:04 3514 4672

• Hi Colin,

Here in the UK probably the best source of all sorts of Marine gradetimbers is Robbins Timber, near Bristol (pleasantly within driving distance for me!). Probably considered the benchmark for quality & choice, with a good selection of other boatbuilding supplies. robbins.co.uk

For slightly keener prices (if more limited choice), Fyneboatkits.co.uk is a good alternative.

• Here in Florida I get all my Okoume wood from Wood Chip Marine Lumber. Gotta admit their name isn't too appealing - sounds like they are selling sheets of OSB chipboard for boat building;) Nonetheless, they have a good selection of BS1088 okoume ply. Their address is: Woodchip Marine Lumber 3301 S. Andrews Ave, Phone: (954) 522-1481 Bay #8 Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33316 Phone: (954) 522-1481

• @Colin Angus For boat builders in the Inland Northwestern US (eastern Washington, north Idaho, and western Montana), a great resource for boat building wood products, including all sizes of Okoume plywood, white oak lumber, and on and on is Windsor Plywood in Spokane, WA.  Offering very friendly and helpful customer service for folks with smaller projects as well.  Windsor Plywood also has a location in Great Falls, MT and several in Canada.  But I am not familiar with what products are offered at those stores.

• Does anyone know of a source for Okoume plywood in the greater Boise, Idaho area?  I've had no luck here on that yet.

• Macbeath hardwoods in Berkeley no longer carries Okoume. Meranti they do.

In the Sacramento area Hughs Hardwoods carries Okoume down to 4mm